Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Sentences in English

One of the problems I have while I am teaching English, is trying to make my students to write and create sentences. Even though, Spanish has more vocabulary and is harder than English, they seem to have difficulties trying to create paragraphs or sentences.
That is why I have created some posters with sentences in English (Simple, Perfect, Continuous) so they will know what it comes first, what it comes second, and so on. But even though, they have those posters, they still have problems, and they seem to translate every word, without considering the differences between both languages.
For example, for my students is hard to translate the following sentence:
"I was the one who woke him up this morning"
They translate "one" as the number, not as the person, and the phrasal verb "wake up" is not understood as just one concept.
I came up with the idea of creating a kind of book to help my students to create sentences. But the time is not enough for me. So I am already creating a Power Point presentation as a "Sentence Builder".
I hope to have it already finished soon, so I can share it with you all.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...