Pages

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Families, where are you?

I have been working as a teacher for many years, and it hasn't been easy. I have learnt by mistakes and successes how to do a better work. But during all these years, I still miss the participation of the parents on the education of the students.
I must say though, that I have met great people, excellent parents who were not just coming to talk to me about the behavior or the marks of the students, but also to ask about what they can do to help in this process.
I really miss the collaboration of the family.
I am not saying they must be coming to the school everyday, or like participating in every class. But don't you think it would be nice if they did that?
At least, I would like to see, parents coming to the school, or calling to know special dates or celebrations at the school, so they can participate.
I would like to see parents organizing activities by their own motivation.
I would like to see parents participating in some classes, not just like watchers, but also, assisting, helping,  sharing their knowledge to enhance the knowledge of all the students.
I would like to see parents committed with the process of supporting the school.
I would really like to see a family that is immersed in the life of the school.
As teachers, we really need them, we really need them as our partners.
Some parents do it. but... where is the rest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...