Pages

Sunday 17 July 2011

Do you believe in Fairy Tales?

It is amazing how this genre (thought to be just for children) has become so popular the last years. Titles like The Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter have called the attention of people from different ages. And no wonder why. It is a nice feeling the one you feel when you enter in a wonderful world of fairies and dwarves. You become a child again.
I must confess that my favourite book is The Lord of the Rings. Not just because of the books themselves, but also, because of that great philologist called J.R.R. Tolkien.
And since long time ago, I started getting into this kind of books. I bought the book Fablehaven in Spanish, and when I went to Philippines, I bought two more but this time in English.

One teacher told me, that the best way to learn more words in English, specially those words that are not common to find in a daily conversation, is by reading fairy tales.

The other day, I got interested in a new colection of books from the author Terry Pratchett, Discworld, just because I saw a different and interesting movie called Hogfather.

I think, my interest about this kind of books won't disappear as long as I have an inner child on me.
By the way, I recommend the movie Hogfather, it is a different way to see Christmas.





source of the video: youtube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...