Pages

Thursday 13 October 2011

Travelling to the south. Day 1

Last friday, I had the chance to travel to the south of Chile, I went with a group of students to the National Gathering of Ecoclubs, in the city of Cañete.
I must say the travel was really long, and tiring, we took the first of three buses at almost 9 in the morning, and we almost reached at 9 at night. Very long. But it was worth it.
Ok, until now, There is no connection between this and my classes of English. But I was thinking that the class in not all, I mean to say, there is so much more than just a subject.
I feel that most of what we remember from the school is not the subject itself, but the experiences we got. And for sure, that when students are faced to situations in which, they must be responsible and mature, then those activities are essential to the life of a student.
We just can't think and pretend that being in a classroom is the only way to learn. There are more ways.
Give the students the chance to prove they can talk in public, and it will be the start in their lives as responsible and grown up students. Believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...