Pages

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Education around the world


I like travelling, although I can't do it periodically. But because of my interest in different cultures, I have got interested in the way that every country has to educate their students. They say that the nation you want to get will depend on the education will give.
I have tried to get more and more information about this, and you won't imagine how much I have read about education in other countries. Why? because I want to know how is possible that in other cultures education is improving so fast, while in others is not.
I have noticed that education will success depending on two factors. Mainly, in the history of the country, in their customs, in the way they live or have lived for years. For instance, China and Japan have a tradition that goes back to centuries. It is part of their culture to study. And even though, they reach the limit in getting high levels of stress within the students, I still consider that education means a lot to them.
Last year, I had the chance to watch a series of BBC about the education in China. (Some chapters are in youtube). I got surprise to the way they teach. They are very strict and they use many hours to study during the day.
I like the idea of considering education as something so important for the life of the students. But I don't know if studying too much will help to get better results.
Probably, if the culture is used to do so, it won't be any problem. While some countries with cultures where education is not as important, probably, won't consider education as a priority.
I think another factor to get success is the reward you will get for such sacrifice. If you are going to spend so much in your education, then at least, you want to get some reward from it. You want to be sure you will get a good job, with a good salary, stability, time for leasure or to share with your family.
I think, as long as I don't see the importance of studying, and what I will get, then nobody will spend any second in doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...