I have been so busy during these days. While most of the teachers are already in vacation, I am still busy. But this time, studying. I went back to school as old times. I am studying as a requirement of the Ministery of Education in order to improve and certify my level of English with ALTE3.
Of course, it is a good chance I can improve myself. But being a student reminded me what it was being a student.
Then I can deduce some ideas:
- Students are eager to learn, just if it is something interesting, amazing, new or relevant for themselves.
- Students can concentrate if what they are doing it is not that complex neither so easy.
- Students can concentrate, but for some few minutes only.
- Students get new information, but at the same time, they are creating new information in their minds (that is why they tend to fly away with their imagination)
- Students want organized classes, with a serious work. But at the same time, they want to feel they are in a comfortable place.
- Students want organization, but they want amazing things to happen. Like, they expect to have a schedule, but then suddenly, there is something unexpected.
- Students want to learn, but they feel that they don't need to learn all. They need time to assimilate and at their own time to create their own knowledge.
- Students like new things, but it doesn't mean that every new thing will be interesting for them.
- Students enjoy just a normal conversation, not the patterned sentences used to learn a language.
I hope to continue learning more and more and sharing with you every new idea.